An Oleh (new immigrant) receives a discount (off the taxes), up to 12% approx, when purchasing a new car. No matter how long you have been living in Israel, the opportunity to save money is enticing.
To use your Oleh rights, the following restrictions apply:
1) Only two (2) drivers are permitted to drive the vehicle
2) You have only three (3) years to use your Oleh discounts to purchase a car
3) Four (4) years must elapse from the date of purchase before you sell to an Israeli citizen or you are heavily penalized.
4) Within four (4) years of owning the car, it can be sold to another Oleh. This is called “Passport 2 Passport.”
We are asked daily, what seven (7) seat cars we have to offer with Oleh discount. We at Zvi Cars have seen a large drop in sales of P2P cars in recent years. We speculate the reason for this is the following:
1) As other discounts are available (see bellow) there has been a drop in sale of cars purchased using Oleh rights. (It is possible to use two (2) discounts).
2) Most families that own a seven (7) seat car, keep it for many years.
3) An Oleh who is leaving the country and wants to sell his vehicle expects “top dollar” for it and the discount offered is not substantial.
Visit http://www.zvicars.com for a complete list of new and zero-kilometer cars available.
Call for details on finance options, warranty, for cars for sale with your Oleh rights, new & used cars.